Backing up a Course
1. Click Admin Dashboard
2. Under Course Management, click Manage Categories and Courses
3. Select the course you wish to backup
4. Scroll down and click the Backup button
5. Select the fields you wish to include the backup and click Next
Note: If you wish to include Course Logs and Grade History select the following:
6. Select the Activites you wish to backup and click Next.
7. Click Perform Backup. Once the backup is complete, click Continue and then you will be able to Download the course backup.
Note: A backup file (with distinctive .mbz extension to avoid confusion with .zip files) is then saved in the course backup area. Backup file names are of the form backup-moodle2-course-coursename-date-hour.mbz, ending in -nu.mbz when backed up with no users and -an.mbz with anonymized names.
Restoring a course backup
A course backup file (.mbz) may be restored from within any existing course for which you have permission. During the restore process, you will be given the option to restore as a new course or into an existing course.
- Go to Administration > Front page settings > Restore (if you have front page permissions) or Administration > Courses > Restore (if you have an empty course to restore into.)
- Upload the backup file or choose a file in the course backup area or user private backup area and click Restore
- Confirm - Check that everything is as required then click the Continue button
- Destination - Choose whether the course should be restored as a new course or into an existing course then click the Continue button
- Settings - Select activities, blocks, filters and possibly other items as required then click the Next button
- Schema - Select/deselect specific items and amend the course name, short name and start date if necessary then click the Next button
- Review - Check that everything is as required, using the Previous button if necessary, then click the 'Perform restore' button
- Complete - Click the continue button
Restoring from course and category management screens
Users with permission to access Site administration > Courses > Manage courses and categories
Site administration > Courses > Manage courses and categories > (Category name) can restore courses from here:
-VS Version 1.0